I used 3 coats of gesso to get the face super white, then added acrylic paints over it. I used an image search online to find some design ideas to use here and there.
I also stuck on a thrift store wig, because no beauty school dummy should have fucked up hair.
Here are some progress shots:
- It's all about symmetry. When you make a design on one side of the face, do the same thing on the other. Think about a mirror going straight down the middle, between the eyes.
- Keep your lines organic and flowy, not always straight.
- Try not to put the same color designs next to each other.
- I like to pop a design with a highlight, like with the blue lines I did on the sides of the face. I added white to the blue and made a light blue inside line to make it stand out.
- In your image searches, try typing "_____ tattoo design" (the blank can be rose, flower, etc.).